Context of the intervention
The firm is a car manufacturer, leader in two activities : original equipment (air filtering, liquids filtering, air distributors, technical pieces for engine compartments) and aftermarket (filtering systems, industrial filters).
With MLA’s assistance, the company wanted to :
- Anticipate the erosion of its margins by rationalizing its costs
- Secure its top of the range positioning
- Guarantee the availability of its products and avoid lost sales
- Reduce the « order to cash » cycle and improve the agility of the team in charge of the aftermarket, in order to make clients as satisfied as possible.
What did MLA do ?
- Implementing an optimization plan for the supply chain
- Setting up of a planning for deliveries frequency, depending on regions and customers
- Testing new SAP’s functionalities and helping teams to get accustomed to those functionalities
- Assistance to prepare tenders for carriers.
- Implementing an optimization plan to improve customer relationship
- Rationalizing the customers’ portfolio
- Auditing the SAP pricing conformity
- Setting up management tools for the Sales/Delivery Administration for order monitoring.
This intervention helped the firm to make the logistical load smoother but also to significantly improve the services rate and to save a substantial amount on carriers’ spending.