Context of the intervention
The company, a subsidiary of a French car manufacturer, mainly adapts standard cars to corporate purposes (driving school, limited editions, customized vehicle fleet, utility vehicles, etc.) but also to the needs of disabled people.
During a previous mission, it appeared that two departments, Engineering and IT, were in charge of technical data management, which struck MLA as not suitable for a fast-growing company.
To develop agility during design and production steps of new evolutions, to significantly reduce « time to market » and to improve accuracy of technical data, it was decided that MLA would assist the subsidiary into designing and implementing a genuine documentation center.
What did MLA do?
In order to implement this service, MLA worked on two activities, identified with managers during a scoping meeting:
- Activity “Pre-project step management” :
- Diagnosis with interviews with a few employees from this subsidiary and from another on too;
- Design processes workshops to correctly qualify requests and manage specifications into the parent company’s system.
- Activity “Technical data management” :
- Interviews with actors ;
- Workshops to share diagnosis and work on best options.
These assignments helped :
- Elaborating pre-project target processes consistent with management quality system;
- Improving the matching between the subsidiary’s pre-project step and the one from the parent company;
- Stimulating awareness about the urge to rethink the product database.