Context of the intervention
The company is composed of 8 regional independent companies specialized in distributing components for power transmission. The group aims at supporting its members’ growth.
To do so, the main office handles :
- Key accounts’ management
- The catalog of products
- Online sales for key accounts
- The logistic platform
- Centralised billing
- IT applications to handle these activities
Having to satisfy continuously more complex demands from key clients, the group decided to launch an informatic master plan in order to improve its IT tools or to invest into new ones.
What did MLA do ?
- Diagnosis of the current IS (Information System):
- Shared diagnosis of the current IS and identification of main expectations concerning new tools for the main office
- Formalization of current macro-processes
- Pre-consultation of editors to identify the main conceivable solutions
- Requirements and master plan
- Formulating requirements with the help of a project team
- Creating several scenarios to determine an IS target and choosing the final target in collaboration with the group’s directors
- Developing a project portfolio and a roadmap to implement the solution, with a CRM as a priority
- Consulting editors
- Writing a RFP (Request For Proposals)
- Managing the consultation, helping in the examination of tenders and studying the candidates’ presentations
- Helping to choose the best solution